Updated: Sep 11, 2020
With these pages, your children will read fun facts about each of the planets in our solar system and play a fun memory game to reinforce what they've learned.
SOLAR SYSTEM MEMORY GAME
What you'll need: Scissors, glue, one piece of construction paper (optional)
1. Print page 2 of the worksheet.
2. Cut out the cards.
3. [Optional]: Cut out construction paper squares and glue each memory square to the
construction paper. Let your child do the cutting (if age-appropriate) and the gluing! This
will prevent the squares from being see-through.
4. Place squares face down and mix them up.
5. Take turns flipping over the squares, one at a time, to find the matches. The person who has the most matches at the end wins!
6. Make sure to talk about the colors of the planets and any special features you see.
Looking for some reading material to follow this activity? Here's a great list of kids' books about outer space.
Printable download here: